As we navigate the 2020 holiday season of social distancing and virtual hangouts, we can be confident one thing hasn’t changed: holiday treats.
What better way to enhance already delicious holiday treats than by infusing them with a little bit of cannabis. Whether you’ve never tried cannabis products or you’re an experienced cannabis user, premium cannabis edibles can make the holiday season a lot more bright and merry.
Are you looking for some amazing new gift ideas this holiday season? We’ve put together a cannabis edibles guide, so you can enjoy tasty after-meal treats or take your gift-giving to the next level.
Safety First: Edible Safety Tips for Your Holiday High
Cannabis edibles are a great way for first-timers to experience the effects of both THC and CBD. But remember, safety first.
Edibles are a great way to unwind and enjoy time with your loved ones and friends, but they can have powerful effects if not enjoyed safely and responsibly.
It’s essential to make sure you are following safety practices and federal regulations before ingesting any cannabis products. This is especially important for first-time users who might not be familiar with the effects of THC.
Here are a few tips for (responsibly) enjoying your cannabis treats this holiday season:
- Store your edibles somewhere safe. Edibles have evolved dramatically over the years. Some of the premium versions can easily be mistaken for regular chocolate, baked goods, or gummies. Make sure anything infused is kept safely away from children and curious minors.
- Start low, go slow. If you’ve never consumed edibles or smoked cannabis, start your dosage small and ease into increasing how much THC you are ingesting. Edibles take longer to metabolize, meaning you may not feel anything for up to an hour. On top of that, the liver processes THC through edibles in a way that feels more potent than smoking. Don’t be tempted to over-eat or rush to chase that high if you don’t feel something right away. Give your edibles time to kick in.
- Enjoy that holiday meal beforehand. Your metabolism, diet, and weight all make a difference in how edibles will affect you. Eating something before consuming any cannabis products can help the metabolic process.
- Don’t mix alcohol and cannabis recklessly. These two can have varying effects on your body. Carelessly mixing alcohol and cannabis can overwhelm your system, and you might get those New Years’ fireworks a too little early.
- And don’t forget to have fun. At the end of the day, edibles and cannabis-infused treats are for enjoying and sharing with (age-appropriate) loved ones. Don’t forget to have fun but make sure you are doing so responsibly.
Our Must-Have Cannabis-Infused Essentials This Holiday Season
You now know how to enjoy cannabis safely, so what’s next? It’s time to decide what types of edibles are best for you.
With creative new products being launched every day, edibles now come in all shapes and sizes. The wide selection of top brands and high-quality edibles we sell at 13th Floor makes it easy for you to find exactly what you need.
Here are some of our favorite edibles that we think will make your festive season a little more—jolly.
Gummies are a staple in the edibles market. Completely sharable and fun to try, getting your hands on these is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth with the added infusion as a bonus on top.